Saturday, October 27, 2007

Do sheepskins help comfort babies with colic?

Here is an article that I found to be quite interesting. I've felt an actual sheepskin before and it IS quite soothing. One of the most comfortable things I've ever come across in fact.

If anyone out there has used one of these while comforting their colicky baby, please let me know what your results have been. If I get enough votes, I might just include it in my new book due out any day now.

Sheepskins Calm Colic Baby: "Sheepskins help in soothing colicky babies. Moms and dads should hold the baby close to them while at the same time cuddling and rocking them. Wrap them in a sheepskin while you are holding them close. Sheepskins are warm and tender. The warmth and the tenderness provided by the sheepskin will help the baby feel secure and lessen the crying.

Regulating Temperature

Sheepskins also regulate the temperature. They can also be used as great padding and underlay for the baby. They provide a soft cushion for the baby and pull out the moisture. In this way the baby is safe and dry. While lying on the sheepskin, you can even massage the tummy of the baby, providing some relief from colic. Remember that small things help the baby to feel secure and wanted. Secure babies are less colicky and colic also goes away faster. Moreover many sheepskins are also machine washable, making it easy to use and keep. In this way mothers and caregivers can use sheepskins for providing comfort to their babies."

www.bettercare.net
Article Source:http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Eugene_Mirkin

8 comments:

Colic Relief said...

I used soothing sounds when by baby had colics and it worked just great.

mitch said...

I have never heard of using a sheepskin before it seems like a good idea. My son had quite bad colic and one of the only ways to soother him was to carry him around in a sling at night time. Being close to my or my wifes body was what he enjoyed most, the warmth and softness I suppose would be quite like a sheepskin. Wool is such a good material as well. My wife is 6 months pregnant so I think we shall look at getting a sheepskin before this one arrives. Thanks for sharing
mitch

Unknown said...

Thank you for your great post. I really appreciate the efforts you have put in your blog .It is interesting and helpful.
Baby Colic
How to burpa baby

Me es said...

My oldest son had really bad colic. And one day this elderly lady told us about using a sheepskin in his crib and stroller. And it was like magic he seemed like he never had it at all. The elderly have so much good info that I feel is going to be lost. They don't post much online if they go online at all.

Unknown said...

Great blog you've got here. It's packed full of lots of information!

Colic in Babies

anusuya said...

Excellent goods from you, man. I’ve understand your stuff previous to and you’re just too excellent. I actually like what you’ve acquired here, certainly like what you are stating and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still take care of to keep it sensible. I can not wait to read far more from you. This is actually a tremendous site..
Architectural Firms in Chennai
Office Interior Designers in Coimbatore

Unknown said...

Very impressive blog that contains all the necessary detail.
Colic in Babies

kabeesha said...

Thanks for the informative article. This is one of the best resources I have found in quite some time.Nicely written and great info. I really cannot thank you enough for sharing.

Herbalife in Chennai
Wellnesscentres in Chennai
Weight Loss in Chennai
Weight Gain in Chennai