Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Colic Relief is a Process, Not an Event

I recently read a story from a mother who seemed to have tried multiple colic relief methods. Take a look at a small snipet of her story below..

"I am a new first time mother with a 1 month old who was diagnosed with (in their words) 'A nasty case of colic' since birth. They also said she has reflux. My husband and I have tried I think, everything. We immediately had to put her on Alimentum (liquid gold as you probably know!). Mylacon, I think it would be the same if I took it! I tried the breast feeding route with terrible results. I'd like to thank the breast feeding Nazzis for making me feel like crap, but honestly, it was just another stressor for me and I couldn't deal with being a human pacifier."

A true path to a sure baby colic remedy is not an event...it's a process. This mother was working through the process and trying different things that she heard would work. This is good, as each baby is different. (all three of my babies had a different solution to their case of infant colic)

Patience is a virture through the whole process. As the parent of a baby in desperate need of colic relief, you'll often need to take a deep breath and be willing to try something new. It's not often that one thing does the trick (sometimes, but not often) and you need to be willing to try a combination of things until you find what works for your little boy or girl.

Good Luck!

10 comments:

MorningSong said...

Thanks for visiting us at Multi-Tasking Moms. It is clear there is a need for comfort and ideas for Mom's with colicky babies!

I pray God will give you wisdom on your journey of encouraging others.

Blessings.
Melodye

Annie Addington said...

Nice idea to create a forum where mothers can share ideas about coping with colic. Do you know the lower links on your comment on my blog send you to some other colic blog (by a woman named Jackie) last updated in 2004 (with no herbal tea remedies)... Strange... Thanks for sharing your experience with me.

Anonymous said...

I have a baby 2008,17 June,lucky date.When i took my baby,at that time i had no idea that after then ,all the nights,my baby will cry in pain which is called "colic".

nimce said...

I have a baby 2008,17 June,lucky date.When i took my baby,at that time i had no idea that after then ,all the nights,my baby will cry in pain which is called "colic".

colic relief said...

I used white noise sounds, specially the hair dryer, and it helped a lot

Anonymous said...

I just ran across a interesting blog about the potential benefits of using probiotics to treat Colic. The evidence isn't conclusive but i can't hurt to try. I hope i am allowed to share the link to this blog (http://www.personalizedvitamins.com/blog/?p=104) so you can read it yourself.

baby massage said...

Thanks for all your comments they have really helped. I ended up going to a baby massage class - click on my name for some info

Unknown said...

Am reading your post. I got very useful information. Thanks for sharing.
Baby stomach pain

Unknown said...

My GMAT site i have some educational center in chennai kindly please share this
website.

www.aadeletraining.com/gmat.html
http://www.aadeletraining.com/toefl.html

Unknown said...

My GMAT center is wonderful working in chennai kindly welcome this site

http://gmat.crackverbal.com/gmat-courses/classroom/gmat-training-in-chennai/
http://gmat.crackverbal.com/